To lead in accelerating the development of energy storage in Minnesota and the Midwest Region.
Energy storage is a transformative technology that can enable a clean, smart, reliable, flexible, resilient and efficient modern grid. We will advance the innovative use of energy storage in our region through education, policy, regulatory, technology, and market solutions.
- Foster broad stakeholder participation
- Identify and remove barriers to fully valuing energy storage’s contributions to a resilient and efficient grid.
- Support a diversity of applications, ownership models, and business models.
- Be entirely technology neutral, from electric vehicles to thermal storage to batteries to pumped hydro.
- Advocate for all scales from customer to utility to grid operator.
- Identify best practices that support Minnesota’s clean energy and carbon reduction policies.
- Provide high quality information and knowledge opportunities.
- Highlight broad economic benefits of job creation and industry growth.
- Promote storage where it is a prudent alternative to additional investment in conventional infrastructure.
- Work with stakeholders including policy makers, regulators, and utility/regional operators to determine and implement better policy, regulatory, and market rules.
- Partner with stakeholders across MISO states for regional impact.